Impress your friends and fellow travellers with some random fun travel facts next time you are out and about. Perhaps these little tidbits will even come in handy on your next holiday…
1. Dying is illegal in the Houses of Parliament.
2. In 1930, female flight attendants had to weigh less than 115 pounds (52kg).
3. Adding salt and pepper to your food is considered highly offensive to chefs in Switzerland.
4. The shortest airline flight that you can buy tickets for lasts just 2 minutes and runs from the Scottish island of Westray to Papa Westray.
5. Around 300 people get married in Las Vegas every day.
6. Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world where there are no rivers.
7. All the money that is tossed into Rome's Trevi Fountain each day (about 3000 Euros) is collected each night and donated to charity.
8. The most remote travel destination in the world is Mongolia - the population density is 4 people per square mile (2.5 square km).
9. In 1987, American Airlines eliminated one olive from each salad in first class. This saved them $40 000 a year.
10. Less than 1% of the world's population has ever ventured to Antarctica.
Do you know any useful/useless, fun or random travel facts? Comment below and let us know.
Note: We have tried our best to verify facts but cannot be held responsible for any factual errors.