Sure Travel has joined Mango, Gautrain and other big brands in a large book collection drive, running in tandem with the release of The Big Friendly Giant film. The BFG (Big Friendly Giant) book drive aims to promote literacy and reading. Collected books will be handed to hospitalized children by the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust.
Book collection points will be placed at selected Sure Travel agencies nationwide (see list below), Mango check-in counters, Gautrain’s Midrand, Rosebank and Marlboro stations as well as movie cinemas and Exclusive Books outlets. The campaign will also form part of many Mandela Day activities on 18 July.
“Mango has always placed great emphasis on community engagement,” says Mango CEO, Nico Bezuidenhout, “and to this end we continually seek out partnerships and projects that touch the lives of South Africans. We encourage everyone to drop off a book.”
Geraldine Boshoff, head of marketing, at Sure Travel agrees. “The Big Friendly Giant, likely to be one of the year’s biggest cinema hits, is the perfect vehicle to leverage and encourage the public to contribute. Sure Travel is one of the country’s most established travel management brands and, as a responsible corporate citizen, it is part of our mantra to give back.”
The Big Friendly Giant, based on the classic Roald Dahl book and directed by Steven Spielberg, opened in cinemas nationally on 1 July.
We urge you to take the time to donate books and together, let’s help promote literacy and reading and make a difference in so many little lives.
Drop off your books at participating Sure Travel agencies listed below:
- Sure Adcocks Travel - Pietermaritzburg
- Sure Dynamic Travel - Bedfordview
- Sure Lloyds Travel - Bryanston
- Sure Lowveld Travel - Nelspruit
- Sure Makro Travel –Strubensvalley
- Sure MAP Travel - Umgeni Park
- Sure Maritime Travel - Port Elizabeth
- Sure Travel Newcastle - Newcastle
- Sure Travel Scene - Kempton Park
- Sure Turn Key Travel - Phalaborwa
- Sure Viva Travels - Garsfontein
- Sure Voyager Travel – Morningside, Durban